A Brohams Guide To The World

Friday, March 28, 2008

Salute To A Great American Hero

Back when I was a youngin McDonalds breakfast was only consumed on roadtrips with the family. Those early morning breakfasts as we made our way to some vacation spot consisted of nothing more than the hot cakes with the small container of hot maple syrup and a side of sausage patties. Now dont get me wrong thats a fine breakfast when you are young and naive but the true greatness of McDonalds breakfast lies in there sandwiches which all began with the Egg McMuffin. Unfortunately for me I was fearful of this strange looking sandwich and unable to take the risk, that is until one glorious Saturday (which I refer to as my awakening) when I was about 12. That morning my Dad imparted on me the secret of the carnies and forever my life has been changed. The secret of the mcmuffin and breakfast sandwiches in general is to put some strawberry jam on the sandwich and enjoy as the sweetness of the jam combines majestically with the grease and salt of the sandwich, let me just say the carnies are not as dumb as they look. From that point on my outlook on life was altered, from then on before an early morning round of golf, a hungover loop around the course as a caddy, a quick bite on the way to work, or to simply cure that rough hangover I turned to the mcmuffin to push me through and set my day off on the right foot.
Unfortunately for us the world has lost a great American hero, thats right, the inventor of the egg mcmuffin (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23819808/?GT1=43001). The man who thought it was genius to bring a breakfast sandwich to the fast food world and altered the way we cure hangovers. Without him who knows what we would do while on a cross country road trip or before that early morning flight. The mcmuffin has become a staple to Americana and therefore we here at Daily Bizisms and myself as the Sultan of Snack salute Herb Peterson.
So this weekend when you find yourself staggering to the nearest McDonalds to satisfy that hungover hunger or the next time you enjoy a mcmuffin just remember the honorary Bizicist who created the egg mcmuffin and made breakfasts around the world what they are today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I enjoy a tasty egg mcmuffin, let's not forget the bedrock upon which McDonald's was built...The ulmighty BigMac invented by Cornelious "Big" MacMacleson, we should rember to pay homage to him as well

Anonymous said...

i thought this was 'daily' bizisms, why are there no posts for saturday and sunday? I am exteremly disappointed at the laziness of the administrator.

Anonymous said...

It bothers me when ignorant people like you blog on Hillary. She is such a brave, strong, and visionary person. You most likely are some small fat kid who has no vision and sits in his basement writing this blog while watching fox news.

What grinds my gears? people like you who think they are fair and balanced