A Brohams Guide To The World

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sonic....America's Drive-In?


I see this sign in about 20 commercials every week, with a couple or two friends enjoying what looks to be delicious shakes, burgers, and crazy little cheesecake bites while sitting in their car and exchanging some banter back and forth. Usually I start getting surly the moment I realize its a Sonic commercial. Never in my 25 years have I seen a real life Sonic Drive-In. I'm now 80% sure that "America's Drive-In" does not exist. It's definitely not Michigan's drive-in. I have done the internet surfing multiple times after seeing another commercial featuring a new juicy succulent burger or some crazy looking dessert only to relive the disappointment of finding that there are no Sonics in Michigan! This chaps my ass and I'm not even a dessert person. Everything just looks so good. I also hear that they have special drink combos like cherry lime-ade and I've heard people claim "Its the best fast food place for drinks". I can't even imagine a great fast food place for the drinks alone. This mythical drive-in has been built up to be the Wayne Gretzky of fast food places. I think what bothers me the most is that its just bad business to waste so much money on commercials in a market where you have zero restaurants. Stop being such a tease Sonic, you really grind my gears!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a Sonic 5 miles outside of Columbus...now you look like an ass

Anonymous said...

I had sonic in Athens, GA a month ago. Don't worry, you aren't missing out on anything.

Anonymous said...

Seriously who goes to Columbus?

Anonymous said...

its not in michigan so its not real?

dumbass

Anonymous said...

Sonic is the best. You're missing out