A Brohams Guide To The World

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Daily Bizisms...Where daily doesn't mean everyday

You want to know what grinds my gears? I'll tell ya. Hillary Clinton's voice. Ouch! it hurts my ears the moment I see her open her mouth. Thats before the words even come out. I'm already cringing. Check out this video of her New Hampshire primary speech: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRJWmAS7z2I In the first 10 seconds she is mouthing the words "Thank You". My ears hurt and she's only mouthing words. Then she actually says "Thank You" into the microphone. At this point I want to claw out my eardrums. It cuts like nails on a chalkboard sending shivers up and down my spine. It also reminds me of my mother yelling at me for doing something wrong. Very unpleasant, and I think this video is in her more soothing celebratory voice. Just wait until she's angry or slinging some mud on the campaign trail. Anyway, I don't want to knock her too much, she does have ample foreign policy experience, just ask Sinbad about their trips abroad together.

I have noticed a trend already in our posts. 2 of the previous 3 deal with fast food. Many of you are thinking 'well thats understandable, you are fat asses'. To you I say "truth, but thats cold". We are not a food blog, though I'm guessing we will often jump into foodie realms. If you didn't pick up on it in Bones Esq.'s previous post, he does carry with him the nickname "The Sultan of Snack". I put a lot of confidence behind his opinions in snacking. That said, if you did not run out and get a fast food breakfast sandwich and apply some strawberry jam to it over the weekend, shame on you. I highly recommend it. Take that advice and experience the joy for yourself.

On another note, we will be sharing many things that grind our gears, but would also like to hear from you. Feel free to leave comments and share the things that grind your gears. We may even feel compelled to write a post about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

weak posting today. a lot of talk, not much substance. so i guess what grinds my gears is thoughtless blogging.

Anonymous said...

It is true that Hillary has officialy joined the ranks of the Fran Dreschers and "Janice from Friends" of the world...

However, if people could get past Julia Child's warbly vocal stylings to learn how to make her delicious concoctions, why can't we get past Hillary's grating voice to hear about the foreign policy experience you credit her with?

How about a voice-disguiser?

P.S. You know what grinds my gears? Anonymous bloggers with big opinions. I think there should be a Daily Bizism on anonymous commenting.

R. Taylor said...

dai·ly: adjective
1. of, done, occurring, or issued EACH DAY or each weekday: daily attendance; a daily newspaper.

Perhaps it should be "Weekly Bizisms"? If you were to post more often then readers would be pleasantly surprised...