A Brohams Guide To The World

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Galoshes, Ugs, and Other Boots

As I was getting on the elevator heading up to my office this morning I looked across and noticed a twenty something female standing across from me. Not wanting to make small talk I looked down but found myself staring at a pair of green galoshes smiling at me. She had these stupid ass green galoshes with a bug like face painted on the toes smiling up at me, pissing me off. Now that is bad enough because she seemed to forget that she was headed to work and not preschool, but what really chapped my ass was that her pants were talked into the galoshes. I dont get it does she think they are good looking? Does she think Im going to be impressed that she dresses like my 8 year old cousin? When did it become a good look for girls to tuck their pants into their boots? Everywhere you turn there are girls tucking their jeans into their Ugs. The ones who do it are most often prissy uppty bitches who are doing it because they want you to notice how good their Ugs look, but I dont know a single guy who as been impressed by a girls shoes let alone Ugs. Ugs were designed to be a comfortable, warm boot and Im all for wearing comfortable shoes even ones that look good. I mean if it were up to me I would rock a money pair of kicks everyday. But no matter how baller my kicks were I would not tuck my pants into them so that the public could see my shoes. The reason I would not tuck my pants in is become Im not an idiot. The only time it is acceptable for pants to be tucked into boots is when the young feminite is a bombshell, rocking the f me boots with some tight jeans and a tighter ass. Now I now what you are thinking, this guy sounds like a male chauvinistic pig. But its not that at all, its just simply that it just chaps my ass that all these women are tucking their pants into galoshes and boots that leave them looking stupid. When did galoshes become a good look? What JCrew now sells some ones in new colors so everyone runs out to buy a pair? The whole point of galoshes is to keep your feet dry, they arent any more effective with your pants tucked in. Rock shoes, boots, galoshes, Ugs, whatever because you think they are legit kicks that you are comfortable in and that look good but dont think for one second that my opinion of you is going to change because of them. In fact the only thing you are doing by tucking your pants in is chapping my ass and instantly making me hate you because you took the time to bend over and neatly tuck your pants into your shoes like a moron.

4 comments:

R. Taylor said...

I just want to point out the practicality of tucking pants into boots. Yes, its tucking, not "talking". Women tuck their pants into their boots to avoid getting the bottoms wet and having the water creep up as high as their knees. Also, tucking protects your slacks from the nasty slush, snow, and worst of all SALT. Who wants a salt ring on the bottom of their pants? Not a smart girl! While I am not a tucker myself, as I live in sunny southern California, I say keep on tuckin' 'em ladies!

Hollywood said...

Hi Rachel,

Do me a favor, go find a hemp plant and make me a necklace. Although my esteemed friend needs a little grammar check, he makes a valid point. I understand your reasoning to protect your pants, but this "tucking" of the pants occurs all the time, not just in bad weather.

FYI - my collar size is a 15. Thanks

Anonymous said...

I am a guy that actually loves the tuck look with Ugs. As soon as I see one of these girls rocking this look, I know that I don't need to waste my time with them. I don't have to hold the door for them, nor do I have to do the polite nod and smile as I walk by. They are easily marking themselves as ignorant, annoying skanks. I live on a college campus, and this look has greatly helped me weed through the women that surround me. Thanks skanks.

Anonymous said...

Please explain to me how one would go about wearing their skinny jeans on the outside of their Uggs (yes, not Ugs)? Please don't tell me you think that would look better.